Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Camp TC


I woke up very early, double checking my bags making sure I had everything I needed. It was day one of our yearly 3 day camp. I made breakfast, did my hair and raced out the door way. I got to school and I could see that everyone was just as excited about camp as I was. Before we could get into action, Mr Burt gathered us all in the hall and blessed the day.

There were 6 groups called the Motivatorz, Participatorz, Respectablez, Carerz, Responsiblez and the Thinkerz. My group was called the Responsiblez.

My first group activity was to practice our item. We had to do an MTV, performance and stand out performance with four to three people for concert night. Our first task was to make an MTV video (we had to film it). Next was our group item. That was a bit hard for our group because we had no ideas, but then the girls came up with an idea.

One of my highlights for Camp TC was Rock Up. On Tuesday morning we were split up into 15 groups. The reason why we were split up was because we needed to learn how to work together. The name of my group was Eastside Soliders and there 8 people in my group. We were each given a timetable and our first activity was Alligator Alley. There were three tires and two walking planks. The aim of the game was to try to get over to the other side without talking and falling off, also the plank was not allowed to touch the ground. Now that was challenging. Even though my group wasn’t cooperating we still tried our best and won.

My other highlights was dinner at camp. The hangi was definately a highlight. Some of the other things I really enjoyed was the camp concert, Swimarama and hanging out with my friends.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Moses
    It sounds like you really enjoyed camp. I like the way you explained the activities at rock up. Keep up the good work!!

    from bobbigrace

    ReplyDelete