Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Silly sports



Squishy, muddy, sweaty, screaming. Those were my thoughts from yesterday. Silly sports! Who would of thought of that?

There were 4 sports that we could do. Each class was given 1 activity to do. We would play thats sport and when we had finished that sport, we would rotate on to the next one. Our first sport was with our own lovely teacher Mrs Lagitupu.

When we were with Mrs Lagitupu, she split us up into 4 teams. One team got a ball and the aim of the game was to try and tag a person with the ball without running with it. In this game you needed to be able to catch and communicate very well with your team mates.

Another 1 of the 4 activities we did were with Mrs Nua. Her game was a bit of a classic squeezing sponge, muddy puddles, laughing and co-operating sort of game. It was the right game for this kind of day because it was so hot !


The best of them all though was Mr Harris’s 3 legged raced !Trying to walk with my leg tied to my friend while balancing a tennis ball on a spoon. It was so much fun ! The best way I could think of winning was chanting the old rhythm, “left right left.” Luckily for my partner and I, we won !! Now we’re in the finals.

It was a very enjoyable fun and also a great experience. I was happy to see everybody laughing. What an epic day!

2 comments:

  1. Moses,

    I am an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama, USA. I was assigned to look at and comment on your blog. This is my first official comment.

    I really enjoyed your post. It took me back to a time in my childhood when I ran 3 legged races with my older brother. He is two years older than me, but only a grade higher than me in school. We argued the entire race and usually won!
    One of the things I really enjoyed in your post was your use of adjectives. Your descriptions "painted a picture" for me to see in my mind. I know that is what adjectives are supposed to do - but you did it very well. Your use of words that activated my senses was a wonderful experience and I could almost hear the kids screaming while playing the games.
    Do you always write this well and do your always use such descriptive words in your sentences? I know my daughter is 15 and I struggle to get her to write in a descriptive manner! Keep up the good work Moses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moses!
    My name is Kristen Phelps and I am also in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama, USA, like Gina above. We were both assigned to comment on your blog. I want to start out by saying that I love your blogs background and layout. It looks like you really put a lot of work into it!
    I really enjoyed reading your "Silly Sports" post. I wish that they would have had such fun activities at my school when I was your age. I really liked how you started out your post by saying, "Squishy, muddy, sweaty, screaming. Those were my thoughts from yesterday. Silly sports! Who would of thought of that?" That was a great way to get your readers attention. I know it got mine! I also liked the way that you described the 3 legged race. I am 21 years old and I have never done a 3 legged race but, your post makes me want to try! Thanks for allowing us to look at your blog, I am truly impressed. Have a great week. I can't wait to see what you post next!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete